Michelle has been practicing law in the state of New Hampshire since 1990 with an emphasis on commercial real estate law and business law. She has represented commercial banks and other lenders in numerous loan transactions. For her clients she has handled complex construction and term loans, loan workouts, restructurings, foreclosures and evictions. Projects include secured loans on student housing, apartment complexes, mixed-use, office, and commercial retail developments. She is experienced in the 1031 exchange process which offers significant benefits to commercial real estate developers and investors. The 1031 exchange process permits the deferral of taxes while allowing for the preservation of capital.
Michelle is dedicated to providing practical, timely legal counsel to businesses and business owners. She has extensive experience in the purchase and sales of businesses. Whether it involves forming a business, a contract, sale of a business, purchase of a business, structuring a transaction or a business dispute she can provide valuable insight and assistance.
Michelle has successfully briefed and argued cases in the New Hampshire Supreme Court.
Michelle lives in Rye with her husband. She is an avid runner and has completed seven marathons.
Areas of Practice
- Business Law/Formation
- Commercial Real Estate/Lending/Workouts
- Personal Injury
- New England School of Law, 1990
- Keene State College, magna cum laude, 1986
Admission, Memberships, Certifications and Associations
- New Hampshire Bar, 1990
- United States District Court of New Hampshire, 1990
- United States Bankruptcy Court for the District of New Hampshire, 1990
- United States Supreme Court, 2014
- Phi Alpha Theta, International History Honor Society
- Secretary of the Rye, New Hampshire Lions Club, 2004-Present
- Past Member of the Board of Directors, Great Bay Services
- Past Member of the Board of Directors, Seacoast United Soccer Club
- Advisory Committee, Seacoast United Sports Club, Inc.