Joseph R. Russell
Joe represents both businesses and individuals in a variety of litigation and transactional matters though a significant portion of his practice is devoted to complex trusts and estates. His expertise includes asset protections, special needs, Medicaid, and specialized trusts for clients and probate administration. Joe helps clients achieve their goals by listening closely to their individual needs.
Prior to joining Kalil & LaCount, Joe’s practice focused on representing creditors in commercial litigation matters and real estate law. During law school, Joe attended an intensive program at the University of Rome focused on Alternative Dispute Resolution and Negotiating International Business Transactions. He also gained a prestigious externship at the Florence headquarters of GE Oil and Gas where he worked closely with GE's Senior Counsel for Litigation.
Joe lives in Greenland with his wife, two daughters and rescue dog. In his spare time, he enjoys playing soccer and golf, and hiking and skiing in the White Mountains.
Areas of Practice
- Business Law
- Trusts and Estates, Elder Law and Probate
- Civil Litigation
- Personal Injury
- Land Use and Zoning
- University of Connecticut School of Law, Juris Doctor, 2006
- University of Rome, Visiting Student, 2005
- Assumption College, Bachelor of Arts, 2003
Admission, Memberships, Certifications and Associations
- Connecticut Bar, 2006
- New Hampshire Bar, 2008
- United States District Court of New Hampshire, 2010
- Massachusetts Bar, 2013
- United States District Court of Massachusetts, 2013
- Phi Alpha Theta, International History Honor Society