Jillian E. Colby
Jillian’s practice is focused on commercial and consumer collections, including commercial and residential foreclosures and representation of secured and unsecured creditors in bankruptcy. She has successfully collected over a million dollars in debts for businesses, individuals and large institutions in a prompt and efficient manner. Jillian also practices civil litigation, personal injury, landlord-tenant and environmental law. She handles cases on a contingency or hourly fee basis. Jillian advises all of her clients on general business and legal matters and takes pride in delivering prompt and efficient results.
Prior to joining Kalil & LaCount, Jillian’s practice focused on tax liens, environmental law, administrative law, and debtor-creditor law.
Jillian lives in Newmarket with her husband and two black labs. She enjoys traveling, wine tasting and spending time at the lake with her family and friends.
Areas of Practice
- Commercial and Consumer Collections
- Landlord-Tenant Matters
- Civil Litigation
- Environmental Matters
- Personal Injury
- Roger Williams University, Ralph R. Papitto School of Law, Juris Doctor, 2005
- Plymouth State College, Bachelor of Arts, 2001
Admission, Memberships, Certifications and Associations
- Rhode Island Bar, 2005
- New Hampshire Bar, 2007
- Maine Bar, 2010
- United States District Court of New Hampshire, 2007
- United States Bankruptcy Court for the District of New Hampshire, 2007
- United States District Court of Maine 2014
- United States Bankruptcy Court for the District of Maine, 2014
- American Bar Association
- Certified in Basic Mediation